BW attorneys have a depth of experience handling litigation involving construction disputes for large scale construction projects. The firm's clients have included petrochemical companies, architects and engineers, public entities and other industrial clients. Some of the Firm's cases of significance in this area of litigation are identified below:
- Cost Overruns for Offshore Rig. Arbitration between an offshore rig construction company (our client) and a Brazilian company (owner of rig) regarding payment for cost overruns concerning construction of production equipment for a semi-submersible offshore rig.
- Breach of Contract on Manufacturing Facility Construction Contract. Representation of a major pharmaceutical company in a suit against the designer, general contractor, and subcontractors concerning construction of a $40 million facility in Tennessee.
- Damages to Emergency Power System. Representation of a major hospital in Houston, Texas to prosecute claims against a general contractor and subcontractor for damages to an emergency power system.
- Construction of a Nuclear Project. Representation of a major City's utility in connection with claims arising out of construction of a Nuclear Project.
- Port Construction. Defense of a Texas Port in a suit filed by a contractor regarding cost overruns and claims against third parties.
- Representation of Architects and Engineers. Representation of architects and engineers in various commercial and construction litigation matters, including the successful defense of a $100 million design and delay claim involving the construction of a cogeneration facility built for a major American university.
- Environmental Costs. Representation of various entities in environmental cost recovery cases which necessitated both defending and prosecuting reasonable and necessary construction and remediation costs.