Our firm handles a wide variety of litigation, ranging from individual personal injury cases to complex multi-party litigation on both a regional and national basis. We try cases in the toughest venues and look forward to the challenge of assisting our clients to resolve their most serious issues in any forum. Firm trial teams have spent weeks and months in trial in complex cases involving personal injury, death and catastrophic injury, commercial disputes, and environmental litigation as well as handling appeals in various appellate courts. We have achieved precedent-setting results and made new law, with results from our cases published, cited to and relied upon by other courts and practitioners around the country. The depth of actual courtroom experience, bench strength and proven trial record have made Baker Wotring LLP a repeat choice of sophisticated clients who need experienced, tried-and-true litigators to handle their complex high-stakes litigation. Our environmental litigators, who frequently collaborate with the regulatory team on matters that are both in litigation and under regulatory enforcement, offer an extremely effective combination of integrated environmental cost recovery and property damage litigation experience. The Firm’s litigation experience falls within the following areas:
- Commercial Litigation—The Firm enjoys a full-scale commercial litigation practice that includes litigation arising from a wide variety of commercial disputes, including oil and gas, breach of contract, construction, professional liability matters, international sale of goods contracts, securities matters, tax shelters, and others. We have handled and tried cases involving breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, professional malpractice of financial advisors, accountants and lawyers, claims against banks and financial institutions, antitrust, ERISA and the UCC.
- Construction Law—The Firm’s attorneys have a depth of experience handling litigation involving construction disputes for large scale construction projects on behalf of petrochemical companies, architects and engineers, public entities and other industrial clients.
- Personal Injury Litigation—We have handled and tried cases involving premises liability, negligence, gross negligence catastrophic injuries such as quadriplegia, significant brain damage, death, loss of limb and loved ones. We have handled cases at construction sites, chemical plants, explosions, motor vehicle accidents, and at home.
- Healthcare, Medical, & Pharmaceutical Litigation—The Firm’s attorneys are experienced in a wide variety of matters involving medical liability, medical device and pharmaceutical cases, having handled pharmaceutical and medical device cases in state and federal courts, including multi-district litigation. We have handled and tried cases involving medical malpractice, nursing malpractice, professional negligence against other allied healthcare professionals.
- Appellate Litigation—The Firm’s appellate lawyers have established a vibrant, cutting-edge appellate practice that has achieved precedent-setting results for our clients. In the last two years alone, our appellate lawyers have argued at the Supreme Court of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for Third, Fifth, and Tenth Circuits, and numerous Texas Courts of Appeals. Our active trial docket results in frequent courtroom appearances for our appellate lawyers, who assist in all phases of litigation—from drafting of initial pleadings to framing and arguing the jury charge. The Firm’s appellate lawyers are also regularly called in to assist other firms at both the trial and appellate stages.